Full course description
- Certified CTE staff will learn about Mindfulness and the MindUp curriculum via a book study. Mindfulness is an effective tool for advancing all five of the CASEL core competencies: self-awareness, self management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision making.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Ashley Jakubowski | Jane Steiner | Noelle Dunker
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- (10 Hours; 7 in-person hour meetings and seven 30 minute independent work sessions )
- CTE Admin Pro-tech
- CTE Certified Staff
- CTE Classified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Start Date: 10.28.2020
- Last Wednesday of every month for a total of 7 in-person meetings. First meeting is 10/28/20 and the last meeting is April 28.
- Google Meet & PD Room: Please see Lead Learner(s) for Google Meet link
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- By May 2021, at least 50% of students surveyed (in participating teachers' classrooms will be able to name at least four calming strategies that support self-regulation and why this is important to learning.
- Teachers will effectively implement the MindUp curriculum after participating in the course.