22-23 CIMS Better Than Carrots or Sticks Book Study is a Course
22-23 CIMS Better Than Carrots or Sticks Book Study
Ended May 26, 2023
Spots remaining: 9
Full course description
- Participants will learn more about how to implement a more restorative approach as a school before teachers can be educated on how to implement restorative practices within classrooms in order to create warm, welcoming, and safe environments for all students to be able to learn.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jess Ranalletta
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure
- CIMS Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: 11/16/22, 12/7/22, 12/13/22, 1/11/23, 2/1/23, 2/22/23, 2/8/23, 4/19/23
- Time: 7:45 - 8:45 AM
- Location: Cimarron Middle School
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will learn how restorative approaches differ from punitive discipline approaches.
- Participants will also learn ways that they can incorporate more restorative practices into their everyday roles at Cimarron.