Full course description
- All CIMS staff will engage in a book debrief on various chapters from the book Deliberate Optimism. The purpose is to provide time for staff to engage in discussion based protocols to reflect on the idea of optimism in education and how the lack of optimism among educators directly impacts student social, emotional, and academic well being.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jessica Ranalletta
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- CIMS Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates, Times, and Location
- Date: 11/29/22, 1/9/23, 2/27/23, 4/4/23, 4/24/23
- Time: 11/29/22 (3-4 PM), 1/9/23 (8-9 AM), 2/27/23 (8-9 AM), 4/4/23 (3-4 PM), 4/24/23 (8-9 AM)
- Location: Cimarron Middle School Commons
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learners will understand how their own optimism can directly impact staff and students around them.
- Learners will develop next steps in their roles for how to keep optimism alive in their own job roles to provide the best learning environment possible for all students.