September 9 - December 20, 2021 Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain ELD (5.09A, 5.09B 5.12A 5.12B) Book Study @ CSE Fall 2021 is a Course
September 9 - December 20, 2021 Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain ELD (5.09A, 5.09B 5.12A 5.12B) Book Study @ CSE Fall 2021
Ended Dec 22, 2021
Spots remaining: 13
Full course description
- Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read the assigned book and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Kim Herman
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- CSE Certified Staff
Date, Time & Location
September 23, 2021October 7, 2021November 4, 2021November 18, 2021December 9, 2021
- Time: 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM
- 5 additional hours of independent reading and reflection online within a Google Classroom
- Location: Clear Sky Elementary Bungalow
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will identify and implement culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Participants will recognize and name a student's learning moves, regardless if they differ culturally from their own.
- Participants will identify and leverage the natural learning systems of culturally diverse students.