Full course description
- The purpose for this course is to re-emphasize the importance of meaningful learning goals and aligned assessments and then use those assessments as monitoring and feedback tools. The content is the UbD information. Teachers will have the text as a resource and reference for ongoing conversation throughout the evaluation process.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tony Winger
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: May 9 and August 9, 2022
- Time: May 9 = 10:45AM - 1:00PM; August 9 = 2:00 - 3:00PM
- Location: New Hope Presbyterian Church Castle Rock Room
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Enhance understanding of backwards design process, including better ability to distinguish understandings from knowledge and skills.
- Improved ability to align assessments with learning goals.
- Conscious creation of summative tasks and formative feedback tools, including identification of plan for student-parent-teacher conferences in December.