Full course description
- As part of this book study, staff will read "Help for Billy: A Beyond Consequences Approaching to Helping Challenging Children in the Classroom." The book teaches about the impact of trauma on students and provides strategies for teachers to support students in the classroom environment. Certified and classified staff enrolled in the of the book study will meet 4 times to discuss the book chapters and reflect on their learning.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tracey Bowman
- Credit(s) and Type: 4 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: January 10 - April 21, 2022
- Time: 7:30 - 8:25AM
- Location: Cougar Run Elementary Learning Commons or Google Meet
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learners will develop an understanding of emotional regulation and the impact of trauma on an individual's social-emotional development and learning.
- Learners will develop a toolbox of strategies for helping students with challenging behavior.