Full course description
- Teachers who are learning about the science of reading will have the opportunity to dive deeper into the strategies that best support students who are also learning English as their second language. We will be discussing strategies learned from taking the READ class and determining how those can strategies can be differentiated to meet diverse learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Amy Rahne
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: March 4, March 25, April 8, April 29, and May 6, 2022
- Time: 7:30 - 8:30AM
- Location: Coyote Creek Elementary Library or Google Meet
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will walk away with practical strategies to use with their ELD students.
- Teachers will see how the science of reading can be integrated with best practices for ELD students.