Full course description
- Trauma Responsive Basics exposes participants to the foundations of trauma responsive instruction and how it impacts students, teachers, and administrators in the school setting. The staff at Coyote Creek Elementary will continue to dig into Trauma Informed practices using the Classroom 180 book as a framework. This is an extension of the first class delivered on 11/1/21 and participants will learn strategies to implement in the classroom to support students who have experienced adverse childhood experiences.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Jason Starkey | Kelli Clay
- Credit(s) and Type: 3 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: January 5, 2022
- Time: 7:30 - 8:30 AM
- Location: Coyote Creek Elementary Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will be able to understand and identify student behavior based on ACE's (adverse childhood experiences) and use trauma informed practices to manage student regulation.