Full course description
- Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read the assigned book and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Mark Wakefield
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- CMS Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Dates: October 30, 2023 - April 12, 2024
- Location: Cresthill Middle School
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Identify personal areas for growth in planning to make content accessible for English learners.
- Become part of a community of like-minded teachers who recognize the value of linguistic assets and want to better serve multilingual learners.
- Understand how academic vocabulary and academic language fit within Legend's model and the workshop model.