Full course description
- Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read the assigned book and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Marci Boatwright
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- CHS Staff members
- Date to complete course: February 28, 2022
- The course is a blended learning course.
- Read and reflect throughout the summer at your own pace (note catcher).
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Participants will understand Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD.
- Participants will create a plan for modifying their practice as a result of learning from the text.
- A goal and action plan will be shared at our July meeting