Full course description
- This Book Study will be focused on the highly acclaimed book "Dare to Lead" by Brene Brown. Through years of research, Brene shares that leadership is not about titles or status or power, but about taking responsibility for recognizing potential in people and ideas and wielding the courage to develop that potential. She shows that true leadership requires remaining curious and leaning into vulnerability. Participants in this Book Study will be asked to read sections of the book independently prior to each meeting. During meetings there will be a chance to discuss, reflect, share perspectives, and deepen understanding of Brene's work. Alongside the reading will be a chance to access and utilize the workbook (available to download free or purchase from Amazon).
- Type of Course: Blended with face-to-face meetings
- Lead Learner: Katy Kollasch and Theresa Hemming
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 hours of re-licensure credit
- All Admin/ProTech
- All Classified
- All Certified
- Start date of course content: March 21st 2022
- End date of course content: May 16th, 2022
- Meeting Dates:
Study Session 1: Monday, March 21st, 2022
Study Session 2: Monday, April 11th, 2022
Study Session 3: Monday, April 25th, 2022
Study Session 4: Monday, May 9th, 2022
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Recognize the value of vulnerability and reflection and how they are essential characteristics for strong leadership.
- Understand that daring leadership is based on bravery, self-awareness, tough conversations, trust, and wholehearted investment.
- Uncover your own values and harness them to bring about positive change in your current leadership roles (personal and professional).