Full course description
- Help for Billy is a pragmatic manual to help guide families and educators who are struggling with traumatized children. Based on the concept of the neuroscience of emotions and behavior, Heather Forbes provides detailed, comprehensive, and logical strategies for teachers and parents. This easy to read book, with tables, outlines and lists, clears the way for a better understanding of the true nature regarding traumatic experiences affecting the brain and learning. It is a must read for anyone working with a child in the classroom.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Theresa Hemming
- Credit(s) and Type: 12 Hours Relicensure
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates, Times, and Location
- Dates/Times: Monday, January 23rd - 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday, February 13th - 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday, March 6th- 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday, April 10th - 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday, April 24th - 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Location: Douglas County High School
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will gain an understanding of children with trauma.
- Teachers will gain empathy for those students and learn strategies that will help students be successful in a classroom environment.