Full course description
- This course is designed off the book Dare to Lead by Brene' Brown. Dare to Lead dispels common myths about modern day workplace culture and shows that true leadership requires nothing but vulnerability, values, trust, and resilience. Learners will be asked to read the chapter prior to the scheduled meeting dates listed below. You will be provided a downloadable read along workbook that will assist in deepening your knowledge of the content. Participants will be provided the Dare to Lead Book for free. Books will be sent to participants prior to the first session.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jill Savage
- Credit(s) and Type: 9 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- ERE Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates and Location
- Date: October 7, 2022 - February 28, 2023
- Location: Eagle Ridge Elementary
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- The value of vulnerability and how it can make you a better leader.
- Identifying your values so you can lead with your authentic self.
- Understanding that being a courageous leader requires self reflection and connection.