Full course description
- This course is for certified staff at Eldorado Elementary to engage in book study around trauma-sensitive language and classrooms.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Allison Hawk and Julie Crawford
- Credit(s) and Type: 6 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Dates and TImes: August 24, 2021 7:30- 8:30 AM | September 24, 2021 8:30- 10:30 AM | November 11, 2021 12:30 - 2:30 PM | November 30, 2021 7:30 - 8:30 AM
- Location: Eldorado Elementary various classrooms
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Build teacher understanding of the effects of trauma, how it affects children in school environments, and how to recognize it in the students’ behavior.
- Create trauma-sensitive practices that help create safe environments for all students and to foster strong relationships.
- Adopt a strength-based approach to understand student behaviors and work to prevent negative cycles of behavior in the school setting.
- Foster an environment that supports and encourages self-care techniques for staff to enhance positive school climate and culture.