September 3 - December 8, 2021 HRHS 21-22 Culturally Responsive Teaching & the Brain Book Study is a Course
September 3 - December 8, 2021 HRHS 21-22 Culturally Responsive Teaching & the Brain Book Study
Ended Dec 8, 2021
Full course description
- HRHS teachers; Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read the assigned book and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Donna Goodwin | Gina Bernacchi
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- HRHS Certified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 9.8.2021 | 9.22.2021 | 10.13.2021 | 10.27.2021
- Time: 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- Google Meet link (Links to an external site.)
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Potentially teachers would implement classroom practices and environments that result in true learning partnerships with our students.