22-23 LHS Growing Together Professional Development
Sep 14, 2022 - Jun 2, 2023
Full course description
Each month, you will preview our PD monthly calendar and select the learning for the month in which you'd like to participate. You will then fill out a Google form below the calendar to indicate your preferences. This will allow you to create your learning on a month-to-month basis!
When you sign up for learning, you will be sent a calendar invite as a reminder.
Once you have completed the PD Session, click on the session on the calendar below to direct you to the Reflection Assignment. Once you have completed your reflection, proceed to Claim your Badge which will be awarded at the completion of each PD Session.
All reflections are due on the last day of the month that you attended the PD Session in order to receive your one-hour PD credit.
Other professional development opportunities to grow teacher craft:
- Seminar - These monthly school-wide sessions will focus on school goals of bridging work time with instructional strategies and types of thinking strategies.
- Essential Skills (Lunch & Learn) These sessions will focus on Social and Emotional Learning including deep dives related to Supporting teachers' Mental Health, Help with Teaching Essential Skills, and supportive group conversation. (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #1)
- Technology (Lunch & Learn): Participate in learning modules in our online Technology course as well as participate in Lunch and Learn with Sandy to build capacity in remote learning strategies, Canvas, and much more! (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #4)
- PLC Facilitation - This professional development for PLC Facilitators focuses on developing facilitation strategies and systems that promote highly functioning PLC groups. (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #4)
- Deep Dives - This is a professional development extension designed to analyze specific instructional strategies to promote intentional work time. (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #4)
- Blind Date Lunch: This professional development is designed to build community, partnership, and collaboration among staff members to create a positive culture, support, and collective efficacy in building a system of support for staff and students. Meets one time per quarter. (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #3)
- What Happened to You? - Join us the last Monday of each Month (Sept-Dec) in our book study of What Happened to You? by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey. This semester in our book study, we will learn about trauma, resiliency, and healing through the lens of brain development and influences in early childhood. Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey challenge readers to shift from focusing on questions like 'What's wrong with you?' or 'Why are you behaving that way?' to asking, 'What happened to you?' This book study will provide eight possible Professional Development hours over the course of the four book study meetings (four credits for a meeting, four credits for reading the book, the book will be provided). (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #1, #2 )
- ELD - There will be a separate course offering 10 hours of ELD credit.
- Induction Year 1 & Year 2 - This is personalized professional development intended to support teachers new to Douglas County School District for their first two years. (DCSD Strategic Plan theme #6)