Full course description
- LTE Licensed Staff Members Only - This will be a self-paced class beginning on TBD, and ending on, Friday, April 30. Participants will gain an understanding of the principles and approaches behind teaching multilingual learners and reflect on and apply new strategies learned from one of the 'Academic Conversations' books.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Kay Tucker
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development | English Language Development
- LTE Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 3.4.2021 - 4.30.2021
- Time: TBD
- Location: Lone Tree Elementary
- Independent work as well as implementation in various rooms across the building
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will first examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and research on ELD programming in order to understand the best instructional approaches to positively impact multilingual learners.
- Participants will read one of the Academic Conversations books and use a process of Read—Apply—Reflect—Edit (RARE) in order to add instructional strategies for academic conversations to their instructional practice.