Full course description
- MHE certified teachers - To enhance our understanding of Phonics within the Science of Reading, we will be reading the book A Fresh Look at Phonics from Wiley Blevins
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Ginny Stafford
- Credit(s) and Type: 12 Hours Relicensure
- MHE Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates and Location
- Dates: November 30, December 7, and December 14, 2022; January 4, January 11, and January 18, 2023
- Location: Mammoth Heights Elementary Large Conference Room
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will learn about activities, routines, words and lessons that develop solid foundations for reading.
- Teachers will learn ideas for differentiation, English learners, and advanced learners to ensure adequate progress for all learners.
- Teachers will be receive help on decodable texts, what not to overdo, and what you can’t do enough of for your students’ achievement.
- Teachers will receive interactive Day Clinic activities that facilitate teacher self reflection and school wide professional learning.