22-23 MHE Building Bridges Book Study is a Course
22-23 MHE Building Bridges Book Study
Ended Jan 25, 2023
Spots remaining: 12
Full course description
- MHE certified teachers - To build capacity in building and understanding relationships with at risk students, to help teachers start where they are, use what they have, and to inspire teachers to teach whomever comes through their door. This book study will prepare teachers to address discipline issues head-on by building meaningful teacher-student relationships and creating a welcoming learning environment for all.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Brittnie Coveney
- Credit(s) and Type: 12 Hours Relicensure
- MHE Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates and Location
- Dates: November 30, December 7, and December 14, 2022; January 4, January 11, and January 18, 2023
- Location: Mammoth Heights Elementary Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will understand how to effectively reach students at risk through the power of relationships.
- Teachers will read and learn from the author’s first hand experience leading at risk students.
- Teachers will prepare to address discipline issues head-on by building meaningful teacher-student relationships and creating a welcoming learning environment for all.
- Teachers will use chapter-ending questions to reflect on the book’s content.
- Teachers will create a plan to help students at risk, using each chapter’s action steps.