Full course description
- We often talk about kiddos and their lack of "executive function" - but do we really know what that means?? Can we teach them these skills?? How??? The latest research in child development shows that many kids who have the brain and heart to succeed lack or lag behind in crucial “executive skills”--the fundamental habits of mind required for getting organized, staying focused, and controlling impulses and emotions. Learn easy-to-follow steps to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, use activities and techniques proven to boost specific skills, and problem-solve daily routines. Small changes can add up to big improvements--this empowering book shows how.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Brittnie Coveney
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 2.3.2021 | 2.10.2021 | 2.17.2021 | 2.24.2021
- Time: 7:30 AM
- Google Meet link: please enroll for details
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Overview of executive skills, how they show themselves in common developmental tasks, and how you and the environment can contribute to development of strong executive skills.
- Principles and framework to utilize in order to grow particular executive skills.
- Strategies to target specific problem situations that arise causing lots of aggravation for all involved.
- Developmental progression of each executive skill individually.