Full course description
- This course is for Meadow View teachers to engage in learning more about supporting English Language Learners in the general education classroom. Teachers will take the reenergized strategies from the second edition of Classroom Instruction That Works and apply them to students in the process of acquiring English.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tonja Peacock
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language evelopment (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 9/9/21 | 9/23/21 | 10/7/21 | 10/28/21 | 11/11/21 | 12/2/21
- Time: 3:45 - 4:30 PM
- Location: Meadow View Elementary Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- The Thinking Language Matrix, which aligns Bloom′s taxonomy with the stages of language acquisition and allows students at all levels to engage in meaningful learning.
- The Academic Language Framework, an easy-to-use tool for incorporating language-development objectives into content instruction.
- Suggestions for helping students develop oral language that leads to improved writing. Tips for Teaching that emphasize key points and facilitate instructional planning.