Full course description
- Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Sara Curto
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- MRMS Certified Staff
- Date to complete course: Dec. 18, 2021
- Face to Face meeting link and dates: Aug. 31, Sept. 28, Oct. 26, Nov. 30, Dec. 14
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD.