Full course description
- Trauma Responsive Basics exposes participants to the foundations of trauma responsive instruction and how it impacts students, teachers, and administrators in the school setting. Participants are given background information and resources in order to support students who experience adverse childhood experiences.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Kelli Clay | Jason Starkey | Anne Connolly | Alicia Bowyer
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: February 16-23, 2022
- Time: 7:45 - 8:45AM
- Location: Mountain View Elementary Room 8
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will obtain a basic understanding of the principles of trauma responsive practices.
- Participants will begin to understand the connection between restorative practices and trauma responsive practices.