Collaborative Identification of Multilingual Learners for Special Education 5.09A, 5.09B Pioneer Elementary January 11 - 25, 2022 is a Course
Collaborative Identification of Multilingual Learners for Special Education 5.09A, 5.09B Pioneer Elementary January 11 - 25, 2022
Ended Jan 25, 2022
Full course description
- This course will prepare educators to collaborate to utilize the Colorado MTSS framework to identify and serve English learners who may require special education. Guidance, processes, and tools for separating language difference from a disability are provided and utilized in the context of case study students. Utilizing culturally responsive processes, procedures, and instruments to collaboratively identify and serve students is a central focus of the course.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Date, Time & Location
- Date: January 11 - 25, 2022
- Time: 8:00 - 9:00AM
- Location: Pioneer Elementary Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the collaborative process of identifying MLLs for SPED.
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of language acquisition for MLLs.