RVMS Diversity & Inclusion Book Club is a Course
RVMS Diversity & Inclusion Book Club
Ended Mar 31, 2021
Spots remaining: 10
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be auto enrolled when a spot opens
Full course description
- This book club addresses issues of diversity and inclusion within our world and its implication for students at Ranch View Middle School. Through the guiding text, "I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness" by Austin Channing Brown we will address racial biases and reach a greater understanding of and connection with coworkers and staff.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Erin Isley | Megan Duvall
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Dates: 1.7.2021 | 1.14.2021 | 1.21.2021 | 1.28.2021 | 2.4.2021 | 2.11.2021 | 2.18.2021 | 2.25.2021
- Time: All sessions 11:45 am - 12:45 pm held virtually
- Google Meet link: please enroll for details
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Discover how diverse backgrounds/viewpoints lead to greater collective understanding.
- Plan ways to affect positive changes regarding diversity and inclusion at RVMS/DCSD.
- Discover ways to embrace diversity in classroom instruction.