Full course description
- All staff will read the book We Are Crew: A Teamwork Approach to School Culture (Expeditionary Learning) and meet monthly in small groups. Our Building Leadership Team will facilitate conversations with staff using the Reading Guide and Learning Objectives provided by Expeditionary Learning to reflect upon new learning and apply it into practice within our school culture as well as direct application to best instructional practices. This book study is directly aligned to our plan for Professional Development for 2020-21 school year centering around collective efficacy and promoting a positive school culture and community at REMS.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Trena Hand
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Dates: 1.8.2021 | 1.29.2021 | 2.19.2021 | 3.12.2021 | 4.23.2021 | 5.21.2021 | 6.4.2021
- Time: Please see Trena Hand for meeting times
- Location: REMS Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Reignite the Crew culture at REMS through an understanding of "crew mentality"
- Fostering positive and trustworthy relationships amongst staff
- Creating and maintaining the structure of crew within the classroom
- Fostering efficacy of students to become better citizens through deeply intrinsic character development