Full course description
- This spring, we will continue to revision our PLC work by reading Learning By Doing by Rick DuFour et al. This best selling guide, written by PLC leaders, helps educators close the knowing-doing gap as they transform their schools into professional learning communities (PLCs). We will read, discuss, and analyze the book and evaluate the implications of the book in relation to our PLC work. We will meet during lunches on Friday and have some outside work.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Sarah Pascoe
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: January 28, February 11, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 1, April 15, and April 26, 2022
- Time: 11:25AM - 12:05PM
- Location: Rock Canyon High School Room 5400/3100 or Google Meet
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- To read, discuss, and analyze the book.
- To evaluate the ways we can improve PLCs at Rock Canyon High School.
- To continue our lifelong learning.