Full course description
- Next Steps with Academic Conversations: New Ideas for Improving Learning Through Classroom Talk follows up Jeff Zweirs' initial vision for classroom conversation with the latest research and theory, answers to questions, and new strategies developed over the last 12 years since the initial publication of his Academic Conversations.
- Our goals: to provide practical guidance fro strenghtening the quality and quantity of productive conversations and using those to support all students, but especially English Language Learners.
- Our goals: to fulfill our shared responsibility to meet the needs of each and every student at RCHS by understanding the power of positive relationships and their effects on student growth.
- RCHS certified staff
- Participants will understand the purposes of academic conversations in the classroom.
- Participants will develop their understanding of specific practices, processes, and strategies for academic conversations.
- Participants will explore, practice with, and reflect on the use of tools to support academic conversations.