Full course description
- The Disciplinary Literacy Showcase is an opportunity for teachers from across disciplines to share their ideas and strategies for enhancing literacy instruction within their classrooms. Teachers attending this session will gain insight into effective instructional strategies that they can incorporate into their own planning and instruction.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Lori King | Erika Hamlin | Colleen Pate | Misha Lee | Emily Manuel
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- RHMS Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: February 17, 2023
- Time: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Location: Rocky Heights Middle School LMC
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will learn what strategies are currently being used across disciplines to enhance literacy instruction in the classroom.
- Teachers will understand how to support students effectively in reading, writing, and communicating within their disciplines.
- Teachers will incorporate a new literacy strategy into an upcoming assignment or lesson.