Full course description
- The purpose of the course is to provide teachers with effective approaches that will help students remember new words and make connections between words. This course will also help teachers understand how to prioritize Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary in their teaching in a way that is meaningful and impactful.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Sara Haynes | Emily Manuel
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- RHMS Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: February 17, 2023
- Time: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Location: Rocky Heights MS Room 128
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will learn best instructional strategies to help students remember new words and make connections between words.
- Teachers will understand the importance of prioritizing Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary in every unit.
- Teachers will consider which words and phrases to teach as a part of instructional planning.