Full course description
- For the 2021-22 school year, an RHMS school-wide goal is to create literacy opportunities for students within all content areas (including electives). Because of this goal, the opportunity for teachers from all content areas will have the opportunity to take part in reading, evaluating, and curating a list of young adult novels in regard to content, themes, and cross-content connections. This in turn will give students the opportunity to see how different content areas use vocabulary and begin to make connections between each content area.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Lynn Legg
- Credit(s) and Type: 9 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: September 1, 2021 - May 15, 2022
- Time: 3:00 - 3:30 PM
- Location or Google Meet Link: RHMS - LMC
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Establish and sustain professional learning and practice around professional learning communities. (DCSD Strategic Theme)
- Establish differentiated pathways of continuous professional learning for all staff to systematically support teaching and learning. (DCSD Strategic Theme)
- Create a learning opportunity for all staff members to meet the needs of all students through literacy instruction within all content areas.