Full course description
- SGMS Certified Licensed Teachers: Teachers will read the book, The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox, participate in online discussions regarding strategies for multilingual learners, and develop lesson plans that reflects differentiated strategies for multilingual learners in their classrooms.
- Type of Course: Online
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Christine Funk
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- SGMS Certified Teachers
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
- Start date of course content: May 26, 2021
- End date of course content: July 16, 2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Teachers will understand ELL assessment data and identify key strategies to use with different groups of students.
- Teachers will identify strategies that align with the assessment data in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.