Full course description
- New Certified staff at Sedalia will be reading Learning Targets by Connie Moss and Susan Brookhart. We will complete one chapter each week and will use our Monday meeting times to discuss the chapter, what we learned or what was reinforced, and what action steps will be used. I have found some insightful questions we will use as discussions at this site. We will use some of these questions to guide our conversations. Additionally, staff will complete a survey for each chapter with reflections they have made or actions they are committing to following the reading and the discussions.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Nancy Wensuc
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: September 24, 2021 - October 26, 2021
- Time: 4:10 - 5:10 PM
- Location: Sedalia Elementary - Mustang Room
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- We are focused on universal instruction, collaborative teaching, and aligning instruction and assessment within each grade level.
- This book study will help our teachers with alignment, estimate student learning and engage in an RtI process based on data that will ultimately provide the information we need to ensure students learn.