Full course description
Grounding Belief of Professional Learning Study Groups (PLGs):
Students are the common thread through the lens of our common PLC questions: What are students learning? How are they learning? How do we know they are learning? What do we do if they aren’t learning or already have learned this content? How can classrooms be more engaging for them?
As professionals, we will continue to learn and grow ourselves utilizing the same questions and with the grounding support of peers.
Teachers will self select study group (s) of choice, utilize at least one common professional text as grounding point, collaborate with peers on topic and as appropriate experience the topic in action within each others' rooms with a facilitator.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Ellen Muscato | Robin Vora
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 hours relicensure per session completed
- SHE Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Session 1: September 5 - October 13, 2023
- Session 2: October 23 - December 8, 2023
- Session 3: January 22 - March 1, 2024
- Session 4: April 1 - May 10, 2024
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- The teacher will focus on a professional topic, enhance skills to articulate the learning, and integrate the learning into the classroom and within the school system.
- The teacher will build a support system of other professionals which will mitigate the feeling of isolation or being a silo.
- The teacher will implement curriculum with strong pedagogical skill.
- The teacher will build toolboxes of immediate applicability.