SOE Language Routines that Empower Students February 17, 2023 is a Course
SOE Language Routines that Empower Students February 17, 2023
Ended May 12, 2023
Full course description
- By engaging in a jigsaw and modeling activity, participants will learn about research-based language routines to help students make sense of a problem and how to use the specialized academic language of mathematics. Participants will also have the opportunity to consider how they will bring these turn-key resources back to their staff, as well as be entered into a drawing for a resource that supports student discourse during math and ELA instruction.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Nate Burgard
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- SOE Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: February 17, 2023
- Time: 9:15 - 11:15 AM
- Location: South Ridge Elementary Library
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- I can describe four language routines that empower students.
- I can understand why the four language routines benefit students.
- I can explain how to use the four language routines during a lesson.
- I can connect the four language routines to other content areas.
- I can plan for a classroom learning opportunity using one of the language routines.