Full course description
- This book study will provide an avenue for the staff at South Ridge to increase their knowledge and efficacy around academic conversations within a classroom setting. Staff will meet with grade alike colleagues to discuss reading, reflect on practice and share new applications. Staff will delve into the strategies and tools provided in A K-3 Guide to Academic Conversations Practices, Scaffolds, and Activities and Academic Conversations Classroom Talk the Fosters Critical Thinking and Content Understanding.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Marne Katsanis
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development | English Language Development (ELD)
- SRE Certified Staff
- SRE Classified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Dates: 2.16.2021 | 3.9.2021 | 3.23.2021 | 4.20.2021 | 5.11.2021
- Time: 8:00 - 8:55 AM
- Location: SRE Library/Google Meet
- Google Meet link: please enroll for details
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will increase knowledge around utilizing academic conversations in their classrooms to: build student vocabulary, strengthen student critical thinking skills, and deepen student appreciation of others'