Full course description
This semester long course is intended for SME K-6 Literacy Teachers.
- As collaborative teams, teachers will closely study 4-6 Wonders Instructional Routines of their choice.
- These routines reflect best classroom practice and help students focus on the new learning task, rather than learning a new way to do something.
- They are effective at organizing instruction and setting clear expectations for students.
- Learning and using these routines will ensure the most effective and efficient implementation of the McGraw-Hill Wonders program.
- They incorporate the most recent and confirmed research in reading and writing instruction.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Alison Smith
- Credit(s) and Type: 11 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
In addition to the information shared in the modules, please note the following important dates:
- Beginning of course: January 5th
- Face-to-Face Meetings: During plan time on 1/5, 1/12,1/19, 2/2, 2/23, 3/2, 3/30, 4/6, 4/13, 4/27, and 5/11
- End of Course (if one): May 13th
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- An understanding of the purpose of Wonders Instructional Routines
- The ability to effectively implement 4-6 Wonders Instructional Routines specific to the teacher's grade-level