Full course description
ThunderRidge High School is a PLC: A school-wide system of teacher teams that collaborate on issues of instruction, assessment, and other school topics with the goal of improving student learning.
In our PLC work, we will address the six PLC questions:
- What is it we want our students to know?
- How will we know if our students are learning?
- How will we respond when students do not learn?
- How will we enrich and extend the learning for students who are proficient?
- How will we increase our instructional competence?
- How will we coordinate our efforts as a school?
Our ongoing professional development will help us to operate as an effective PLC:
- Focus on Learning
- Collaborative Culture With a Focus on Learning for All
- Collective Inquiry into Best Practice and Current Reality
- Action Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Results Orientation
- Certified Staff
- Start date of course content: August 1, 2023
- End date of course content: May 23, 2024
- Understand and implement best practices in literacy instruction, with a focus on writing
- Analyze student engagement and performance, reflect upon instructional practices and learning opportunities, and our teaching practices
- Improve PLT work in addressing the 4 PLC Questions considering all content areas and students' unique needs
- Participate in a book study of choice, collaborate with other staff, implement and share new learning with PLT