TTE ELD Book Study - Classroom Instruction that Works with English Language Learners is a Course
TTE ELD Book Study - Classroom Instruction that Works with English Language Learners
Ended May 14, 2021
Full course description
- Audience: classroom teachers. Purpose and Content: to help teachers become knowledgable in first and second language acquisition and in teaching strategies, including methods, materials, and assessment for CLD students.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Debbie Clemente
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 hours Relicensure | Staff Development | English Language Development (ELD)
- Start date of course content: 1.20.2021
- End date of course content: 5.12.2021
- TTE Certified Classroom Teachers
- TTE Staff Only
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Outcome 1: to understand and implement strategies and select materials to aid English language and content learning.
- Outcome 2: to understand and apply major theories, concepts and research related to culture, diversity, and equity in order to support academic access and opportunity, language acquisition, and language development for CLD student populations .
- Outcome 3: to understand and be able to use progress monitoring in conjunction with formative and summative assessments to support student learning.