August 4th, 2021 AM SSN Workshop/PM Collaboration Opportunity (AM Workshop session) is a Course
August 4th, 2021 AM SSN Workshop/PM Collaboration Opportunity (AM Workshop session)
Ended Aug 6, 2021
Full course description
- Please, choose to attend only one course. August 4th or August 5th as it is a repeat of information.
- The morning session will provide SSN teachers with strategies for setting up a quality SSN classroom including ideas for scheduling, curriculum, and lesson planning. There will be an overview of the numerous resources provided by the district. SSN teachers will receive their own copy of Sound Partners Reading Curriculum as well as training on the use of the curriculum with students with Intellectual Disabilities. Participants will also receive a copy of The Paraprofessional Handbook and access to accompanying training slides so they can take these resources to their schools to use with their Educational Assistants. In the afternoon, participants are encouraged to bring their lunch and eat and collaborate with other SSN teachers to share resources and strategies that have been effective in their own classrooms.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Robin Carmack
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: August 4, 2021
- Time: AM Workshop session 9:30, PM Collaboration session 12:30
- Location: Douglas County Highlands Ranch Library- NOT the High School - Event Hall A
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will have a better understanding of District Resources, familiarity with SSN classroom Quality Indicators, a copy of and understanding of Sound Partners Reading curriculum, EA resources and training.