Full course description
- This course is for new special education providers in Douglas County School District. Participants will understand, access and evaluate resources and district supports within the continuum of structures of DCSD. They will also understand special education legal compliance and implement quality services for students in DCSD. Instructors will cover basic Enrich training, IEP process, Child find obligation, and procedural safeguards.
- Type of Course: Self Paced
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jen Hubbard, SPED Coordinators
- Credit(s) and Type: 6 hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified Staff
- Start date of course content: 1/18/2022
- End date of course content: 5/6/2022
- Participants will have 3 weeks from the time they enroll in the course to complete the content.
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Understand, access, and evaluate resources and district supports within the continuum of structures of DCSD
- Understand special education legal compliance and create connections between legal compliance and provision of quality services for students in DCSD