Full course description
- This course is offered to teachers of students with visual impairments. In order to establish and maintain positive community relationships, the Department of Students with Visual Impairments in DCSD will develop and implement templates for Functional Vision Assessments and Learning Media Assessments. Three different templates will be created to include students with CVI or additional disabilities, student with low vision and finally, a template for those students that are blind. While allowing room for individuality specific to student’s needs, the uniformity and clarity within the templates will ensure quality customer service that families deserve across our district. With input from highly qualified Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments, components of the assessments will be discussed including, but not limited to: purpose of assessment, assessment procedures and tools, ocular history, functional visual acuity, color assessment, visual field assessment, oculomotor function, CVI Range, educational recommendations and accommodations.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Peg Collins
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
- Charter Certified
Date, Time & Location
- Date: November 1, 2021
- Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Thunder Ridge High School Post Grad Center in the Library | 1991 W Wildcat Reserve Pkwy, Highlands Ranch, 80129 (Links to an external site.)
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- The outcomes for the course will be three different templates created to include students with CVI or additional disabilities, student with low vision and finally, a template for those students that are blind.