Full course description
- Walk through the IEP writing process from start to finish to learn how to write a legally defensible and CDE compliant IEP. The class is a blended course and participants are required to complete all online and in-person portions to receive credit for the class.
- Type of Course: Self Paced and In-Person
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jen Hubbard | Sean Mahan
- Credit(s) and Type: 6 Hours Relicensure
- All Special Education providers and related service providers
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Start date of course content: 9/6/2022
- Online Self-Paced Class #1- September 6th- 23rd. *You need to complete the online portion prior to attending the first in-person class.
- In-Person Meeting #1- September 23rd. We will have both AM and PM times available so elementary staff can attend at the opposite time of their core reading training. Secondary staff can choose the time that works best for them. Please let us know which session/location you will be attending here
- 9:00-11:00- Ponderosa Library or Buffalo Ridge Elementary
- 12:30-2:30- Ponderosa Library or Buffalo Ridge Elementary
- Online Self-Paced Class #2- September 26- November 7th.*You need to complete the online portion prior to attending the second in person class.
- In-Person Meeting #2- Choose the date/location that works best for you. You only need to attend one.
- 10/24: Castle Pines Library 4:30-6:30pm
- 11/1: Highlands Ranch Library 4:30-6:30pm
- 11/7: Parker Library 4:30-6:30pm
- Online Self-Paced Class #3- November 7th- December 2nd
- End date of course content: 12/2/2022
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Participants will be able to identify what information makes an IEP compliant.
- Participants will be able to write their own legally defensible IEP.
- Participants will be able to find and use resources to help them with the IEP writing process.