Full course description
- K-12 Sustainability Champions and all staff engaged in environmental sustainability programs across the district. Monthly Sustainability Monthly will provide: updates on district wide sustainability initiatives, best practices for integrating environmental sustainability across the curriculum, opportunities for collaboration and community building among attendees in an effort to enhance teacher performance and student outcomes.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Beth Church | Kimberly Rankin
- Credit(s) and Type: 1 Hour Relicensure | Staff Development per Meeting Attended
- Please Note: Transcripts will be updated up to 4 weeks after the course end date.
- Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
- Dates: 9/12/23, 10/10/23, 11/14/23, 12/12/23, 1/9/23, 2/13/23, 3/12/23, 4/16/23
- Time: 4:45 - 5:45 PM
- Location: DCSD O&M Conference Room | 2806 Highway 85 Bldg A Castle Rock 80109
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Understand how they can participate in current Sustainability Projects and Trainings that will enhance instruction and improve student learning outcomes
- Make connections and share resources with other Sustainability Champions across the district to promote best practices
- Connect with various community partners that support real life learning opportunities for students in their local communities