Full course description
- This is an in- person course. This course will allow participants to explore, create, and implement components of academic conversations. Participants will: evaluate their school’s current integration of academic conversations; identify and implement academic conversation protocols and strategies into the classroom; and evaluate the effectiveness of the academic conversations OR create a plan for school level implementation of academic conversation protocols and strategies.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Becky Corr | Cindy Kreek | Terrie MacDonald
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time & Location
- Dates: October 5th, 2021 and November 9th, 2021
- Time: 4:00 - 8:00 PM
- Location: Sky View Academy - Room TBD
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will be able to implement protocols that maximize oracy for multilingual learners.
- Participants will implement and reflect on a lesson plan that intentionally incorporates protocols that promote oracy.