Full course description
- SSN Teachers and EAs IVs and Vs will learn developmentally appropriate strategies to teach numeracy and computation skills using a concrete-abstract-representational instructional model using the Touch Math manipulatives and lessons.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Robin Carmack
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: September 22, 2023
- Time: 1:00-3:00pm
- Location: Douglas County High School, South Campus | 2842 Front St, Castle Rock, 80104
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- SSN Teachers and EAs will: -understand the developmental stages of numeracy and math learning.
- Learn how to use the concrete-representational-abstract (CRA) instructional model to teach students numeracy and computation.
- Learn how to use Touch Math materials and lessons to increase students understanding of numeracy and computation.